Vision & Mission
AmbitionTo enrich the quality of life for everyone in Kochi by facilitating better connectivity between people, between people and places, and vetween people and prosperity.
The OppurtunityTo make Kochi a more liveable and pleasant city for residents and visitors alike, where public transportation would be used by all – connecting people and places safely, seamlessly, reliably and comfortably.
- To introduce a world-class metro system in Cochin to enhance the quality of life for the Greater Kochi metro area by improving regional connections and reducing overcrowding, traffic congestion, transit time, air and noise pollution.
- To adopt a stakeholder approach to improve connectivity and quality of life by coordinating and consulting with important stakeholder groups, such as community groups, business groups, environmental groups, state and central governments, architects and planners, and various regulatory agencies.
- To connect metro with the Cochin International Airport to crate seamless transition, transit, and interconnectivity.
- To plan to extend the metro to Fort Cochin.
- To create transport hubs with metro, bus and rail links.
- To increase the economic vitality of the region by improving infrastructure resulting in the further development of the greater Kochi area as an economic, transportation, and tourism hub
- To be accountable for our actions.
- Safety and Service: We commit to provide a safe, reliable and customer-friendly transportation experience.
- Community Involvement: We value being a part of the greater Kochi community and strive to contribute to the economic growth and development of the area.
- Stakeholder Engagement: We pledge to work with all the stakeholders, including customers, employees, local businesses, local community, civic societies and appropriate state and federal governmental authorities, in our operations.
- Cultural and Environmental Sustainability: We believe in sustainable economic development where infrastructural, economic and ecological concerns are integrated into smart growth
- Employee Empowerment: We commit to a work environment where employees are treated with respect, they take responsibility for results and their teamwork is rewarded.
- Fiscal Responsibility & Accountability: We pledge to being fiscally responsible as well as being accountable for our actions.
- Ensure that the planners reflect the socio-cultural, economic, and environmental impact of the proposed system.
- Link investments in public transportation systems with land use planning
- Minimize property acquisition and other displacements in the implementation of the project
- Support existing and planned economic activities
- Encourage an environmentally sustainable approach to planned development
- Build the metro system with rider security and comfort as the most important considerations
- Achieve economic feasibility and cost-effectiveness in the implementation of the strategic objectives.
Why Kochi Metro
- Ministry of Urban Development predicts an average city speed of 6 to 8 kmph by 2030, which is the speed of a morning walker, if urban transport is not properly planned and developed now.
- The present transport facilities are inadequate to handle every day demands.
- Gridlocks and congestion are routine now; they result in wastage of manpower, fossil fuels, increase pollution and act as dampeners to economic development.
- The traffic snarls force people to spend time on the road which they would otherwise spend with their friends and families.
- Further road development is very limited owing to geographical and demographical limitations.
- Therefore alternate modes of urban mass transport and multi modal integration have to be planned.
- The Kochi Metro Rail Project is the first move in such a direction in Kerala.
- Accessing jobs, education, livelihoods and other social needs from the outskirts into the business centre of the city would become less time consuming and quality of life will increase for the urban population.
- The average citizen would get a reliable, safe, economic, comfortable, user friendly and punctual mode of transport at affordable rates.